Indications for balneological treatment and rehabilitation
1. Rheumatology disorders, post-traumatic and orthopaedic disorders
- rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- spinal disc herniation;
- post-traumatic conditions and post-surgery orthopaedic articular and osteal disorders;
- pathological curvature of the spine.
2. Circulatory system disorders:
- stable ischaemic heart disease;
- conditions following cardiac infarction;
- conditions following surgery on valves and blood vessels;
- arterial hypertension.
3. Respiratory system disorders:
- chronic upper respiratory congestion;
- chronic bronchitis;
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease;
- conditions following respiratory system inflammations.
4. Nervous system disorders:
- sciatica and brachial plexus;
- neuralgias and chronic plexus neuropathies;
- conditions following stroke;
- conditions following neurosurgery;
- multiple sclerosis;
- Parkinson’s disease;
- organ neuroses.
5. Endocrine system disorders and metabolic disorders:
- controlled diabetes type I and II;
- simple obesity and obesity associated with circulatory system disorders, locomotor disorders and lipid metabolism disorders;
- hypothyroidism and uninodular growth of the goitre (inactive).
6. Dermal disorders:
- venous insufficiencies.
7. Other disorders and diseases:
- post-mastectomy physical rehabilitation.
Contraindications for balneological treatment:
- acute and chronic contagious diseases;
- full-blown circulatory and respiratory insufficiency;
- severe hemorrhagic diathesis;
- psychical disorders, serious mental deficiency;
- infirmity, complete physical self-service disability;
- severe urine incontinence;
- alcoholism and drug addiction;
- epilepsy with frequent bouts;
- active malignancy;
- conditions occurring during surgical or preventive treatment of:
- kidney tumour, malignant melanoma, leukaemia, and Hodgkin's lymphoma, if the treatment finished within the last five years
- other tumours, if the treatment finished within the last twelve months
- acute cardiac inflammations and insufficiencies;
- severe heart arrhythmia, including sudden atrial fibrillation with cardiac changes within the last six months;
- arterial hypertension of 3rd degree with two or more risk factors.